MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Friday, December 09, 2005

One last thing...I finally got a SOBER email with the scary looking payload.

You_visit_illegal_websites
From: Office@cia.gov
To: ex-smtp@msgeek.com

Dear Sir/Madam,

we have logged your IP-address on more than 30 illegal Websites.

Important:
Please answer our questions!
The list of questions are attached.

Yours faithfully,
Steven Allison

++++ Central Intelligence Agency -CIA-
++++ Office of Public Affairs
++++ Washington, D.C. 20505

++++ phone: (703) 482-0623
++++ 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., US Eastern time

Heh, I don't visit any so-called "illegal" websites, I don't do warez, and this isn't the CIA's bailiwick either.

This would be more likely the FBI's territory. But I can see how a person who hasn't basically screwed around with computers for 18 years would get freaked out by such a letter and click the attachment. Of course, if you do that in Windows you're so screwed, but heh, I'm on Linux so even if I wanted to "dissect" the attachment I'd probably be safe.

Oh well, back to the salt mines...