MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Thursday, February 02, 2006

This is a real, live, honest to goodness cold. And I'm really, honest to goodness sick. Yesterday instead of going to school I went to see the doctor. My main reason for going was to get a note for the benefit of my profs, since I know that a doctor can't really do much for someone with a cold except to tell them to drink plenty of fluids, get plenty of sleep and all that.

This is definitely a cold...no body aches, no gastro-intestinal complaints, nothing but snot and coughing. That's why I mistook it for allergies for so long.

I'm not sure if my guinea pigs saw their shadow today or not, but actually I'd not feel bad if we had a slight return of Winter. A little rain, a little moisture, a little respite from getting zapped by static electricity all the time. They announced today that we are officially in the middle of a La Nina year, where cooling Pacific waters sends the Jet Stream north and sends the rains away to the Pacific Northwest.

I need to get better. I need to get back to my studies, get into the groove of the semester. It sucks to be sick, dammit.