MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Thursday, October 06, 2005

I'm pretty sure I can get out from under the backlog of work I incurred while being sick as a dog. My math teacher stood our class up today, so basically I have three sub-chapters worth of work before I'm caught up with the rest of the class. There's three papers to write, but I'm not sweating them too hard. The one thing I'm concerned about is a presentation I need to do about Family Systems. Hopefully I can get in touch with my Prof and figure out what to do on that.

The news of what looks like the beginning of the fall of Dubya's empire is starting to trickle in. 22 indictments on Plamegate/Traitorgate, Harriet is still in deep trouble with the GOP Base, and not even Fox's morning show took time out to air Dubya's morning press conference. Someone on DailyKOS said it felt like Christmas, Easter and Halloween at once. I wouldn't be so "irrationally exuberant" yet, but the inevitable implosion seems imminent.

Put it this way...I will start celebrating when:

  1. All the Chimperor's men are frog-marched out of the White House in leg irons and manacles

  2. Harriet gets rejected by a bi-partisan majority and Justice O'Connor has to stay on for a while longer as each wingnut in turn that Dubya proposes after Harriet is disposed of by an emboldened Loyal Opposition

  3. The decision is made to cut our losses in Iraq as our "offset" plan w.r.t. Hurricane Dubya/Hurricane Rita

  4. The Special Election measures are soundly trounced and Herr Gropenfuhrer slinks as far away from Kal-ee-FOHN-ya as he can for a long vacation...preferably long enough to elect either Phil Angelides or Warren Beatty the next Governor of the Great State of California.


Admittedly, this is all quite the longshot even now. But remember when both Dubya and Ah-nold looked absolutely untouchable? Remember how it felt when Grey Davis got his walking papers and John Kerry got robbed? All of a sudden both Schwarzie-baby and George Jr. look vulnerable.

And it all comes down to corruption and coverup, just like Watergate, but writ on a larger canvas. The more things change, the more they look the same.