MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Sick as a dog...what's your story?...Sick as a dog...cat got your tongue?

(With apologies to a Big Geeky Bear who likes to quote lyrics as topic lines for his LJ posts...)

Anyway, the combination of this damn cold I've been fighting and the horrible condition of the air in the San Fernando Valley thanks to the Chatsworth Fire is making breathing very hard indeed. Waking up felt like someone was sitting on my chest. Add to it the fact that I would have to navigate home on my own on the bus after a full school day in 100+ degree weather, and I'm going to finally yield to the temptation of footie pajamas and chicken soup.

This is not a good thing, though. I have a test today in Abnormal Psych and I'm going to have to miss it. I *am* prepared for the test, mind you...I'm not merely malingering to escape the test. I really would like to take it and be done with it.

I can't totally take it easy today. I have tons of school work to deal with. Saturday is Family Systems, so I can't miss that, regardless of how I feel. It simply doesn't meet enough times to blow off a class. I also have catch-up work to do in Psychology of Aging...an assignment I was given on Monday completely flew over my head at 20,000 feet. The Prof is going to let me turn in the assignment next Monday so it's not a total loss. And I have Math 149 homework out the ying-yang.

No rest for the weary.