MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Thursday, December 25, 2003

Christmas day, and it's a rainy mess out there. I suspect there's a lot of bummed LA kids who want to take their new bikes/skates/skateboards/scooters/whatever out but can't do it. This is LA, not Portland...WTF?

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the loss of my Uncle Richard. It was not a totally unexpected death, true, but still and all it hurts like crazy.

Oh yeah, yesterday I went onto the LAVC bookstore site, and my books for Spring 2004 are going to be an unholy bitch to buy. I was out of work for about three weeks with this flu, my husband had a lot of students cancel on him because of the holidays, and these damn books are going to cost me something like $300. Financial aid money isn't coming until February and March. Dammit.

Merry christmas everyone. Just because mine sucks doesn't mean you can't enjoy yours.