Post 665, take one...
This is all about a couple of memes that I've gotten wind of. The first is from Beep:
What might have been: Jimmy Carter's answer to Peak Oil from 1977
The second is from Wil Wheaton's blog...no I was not tagged, but I'll run with it anyway.
Four Jobs I've Had In My Life in LA:
- Web Developer
- Floor Customer Service at Fry's, Computer Accessories Department
- Hot Dog Maker (assembly of finished hot dog, not stuffing sausage)
Four Movies About LA I Could Watch Over And Over:
- Blade Runner
- Boogie Nights (Yay Reseda!)
- LA Story
- Rush Hour
Four Places I've Lived All Over L.A. (With Food Memories From Each):
- Palms: Palms Fried Shrimp (a really cool Japanese family restaurant that's long gone, alas)
- Sherman Oaks: Chef Gregoire Le Balch's Quiche Lorraine (He is at the Kitchen Stadium in the sky now, but his daughter is the famed Josie Le Balch of Josie's Restaurant fame.)
- Tarzana: Wil Wright's Ice Cream (Gone too...)
- Studio City: Corned Beef Sandwich at Art's Deli...the only thing you can still get from this list.
Four LA-Themed Shows I Love(d) To Watch:
- The KTLA Morning News
- Any show Huell Howser does...he's corny but I love him
Four Places I Would Vacation At In LA:
- Venice Beach
- Little Tokyo (but not at the New Otani because of labor relations concerns)
- (drawing blanks on the other two)
Four LA-Based Websites I Visit Daily:
- My Left Wing
- Wil Wheaton In Exile
- This one, to blog.
Four Of My Favorite Foods Found In LA:
- Miso Ramen at Tampopo, West LA (In the Mitsuwa Supermarket)
- Chipotle Chicken Burrito at Rincon Taurino, Panorama City
- Chicken cutlet Kare Raisu at Kyushu Ramen, Van Nuys
- Zankou Chicken, various places in LA
Four Places In LA I Would Rather Be Right Now:
- Little Tokyo
- Sawtelle District, particularly browsing at Giant Robot
- Chatsworth Park, except during the height of Summer
- The Venice Boardwalk, the original "CityWalk" and still the best.
Next post: The Post of the Beast!