MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

New battery torture time. A new battery for my 600-series laptops arrived...actually it's a repacked battery...and I am working on my second drain cycle.

As far as the surgery goes, it's been postponed. I'm going to try to do it next Summer. I would like to lose some weight before I go in for it, and I want to make sure that I have enough time to recuperate in case there are complications.

I'm getting really excited about school. I don't want to miss it. I didn't want there to be any chance I might be unable to attend on the 29th. The last bits of financial weirdness have been dealt with, and actually there is some money from the grants/loans package that can be applied to books and other necessities.

I still have been wussy about getting the SO-DIMM into the 600x. I need to get over that and soon. Tom needs to send feedback on the chip, and he can't until I tell him it's kosher. I wish this was a regular DIMM slot in back here because I have no probs with those.

Oh yeah: gotta remember to put the *old* battery in when I'm on "the mains." This battery needs to be kind of babied if I want to keep it working. Here's a primer on batteries from ThinkWiki.Org...ThinkWiki.Org is one of those places that ThinkPad owners need to have bookmarked, particularly those who run Linux on ThinkPads.