MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Yes, it is official-official now! I got my AA!


Note: this image is clicky should you want to see more of it.

Anyway, it's now 100% official. I have my AA in Liberal Arts and Sciences. The good folks at Los Angeles Valley College actually sped up the certification process so I could give the folks at Woodbury unofficial proof of my degree. I'm going to have to order yet another copy of my "official transcripts" for them to have on hand, and I also suspect that I should get a copy or two to keep on file and keep under seal.

On Friday I have to be at Woodbury at 7:45am for my "SOAR" orientation. I'll learn a lot of things that day: my schedule of classes, how long it will take me to finish my BA, etc. Hopefully I'll also get a book list, so I can start poking around on eBay and Amazon for bargains. I will also have to do some more of the endless paperwork for my financial aid. Because of the fact that I will be coming in as a Junior instead of as a Freshman or Sophomore, I will be able to get a little more financial aid, so there's some money over and above the cost of tuition. Hopefully this will be enough to deal with books and other expenses. I'm not going to hope that it's enough to keep us alive and well during the school year. Our finances are going to suck really badly for the next two years, alas. Or maybe more. Bleah.

One thing that didn't cost me a dime: I was sent a completely unsolicited mailer from Universal Studios Hollywood with something completely unexpected: a coupon for a FREE yearly pass. Today I hauled my butt over to Universal to redeem the coupon before it expired. I didn't want to stay too long because it was horrifyingly hot, and I'm sure it will be too hot to visit there for another couple of months. No worries, though: the pass is actually good for a whole year. I don't know why they are doing this. I suppose they're gambling that people who get their free pass will bring paying customers in. Good luck, we probably won't. Richie really isn't interested in going. And we don't have kids. Perhaps if friends come in from out of town, and were going to visit Universal anyway, I might tag along. My pass expires on 8/3/2006. There are some significant blackout dates on it, but they aren't that bad.

Anyway, I think I got a little too much sun today. I am going to take it easy tonight.