MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Monday, December 20, 2004

I suppose this should be filed under the category "what do you expect from Slashdot?" Slashdot ran an article about Jeri Ellsworth, the creator of the C64 Commodore-in-a-joystick video toy. What should happen but a chorus of "yes, but is she hot?" Speculation about her gender preference, whether or not she was born female, etc. etc. followed. There was nary a serious discussion of the feat which allowed for an entire Commodore 64 to fit in the space of a joystick. Someone mentioned that Ms. Ellsworth had also created a more fully fledged C64 workalike for a German company, but that was the only real sniglet of info amidst the chorus of Fap! Fap! Fap! in the article. Fucking idiots.

This is the kind of shit which made me try to start up a geek news site for women in this very namespace. True 'nuff, when I had the original MsGeek.Org up, it was a gang of Slashdot crapflooders who went after the site, and eventually forced it off the air. I'm thankful that The Wayback Machine preserved the site.

Why is it that the majority of geekboys have to be such fucking misogynists? I mean, I know some who aren't, but so many are. Y'all ought to be ashamed of yourself, assholes.