MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Grade report: Fall 2004

OK, my first grade is in for this semester, and it's a goody...A.

Surprise! It was Sociology 22, the one I was afraid was going to get me a crappy grade because I was constantly sparring with the Prof about politics. I think I got the only A in the class, actually, because I was the only one who took the time to do the "A" paper.

If I can get A grades in both Physical Science 1 and Linguistics 1 I can get a C in Math 113 and still come out with a 3.5 GPA for the semester. Meaning I get to go back to the Dean's Reception next semester, and a spiffy pin to wear on my robe when I graduate. And that nice little notation on my transcript as well...w00t.

Oh yeah...RIP "Dimebag" Darrel Abbott. I wasn't a big fan of Pantera nor of "Dimebag"'s new band Damageplan, but my husband is a musician and this hit really close to home. If an idiot with a gun can sneak into a venue and blow someone on the stage away point-blank, no musician is safe. Oh yeah, "Dimebag" had a brother in his band...the drummer, Vinnie Abbott. Imagine watching your brother get blown away on stage by a jerk with a gun. Pretty horrifying.

See you, guitar cowboy...