MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Hooray! Hell week is over!

The Physical Science 1 test felt pretty good. It did have math in it, but it wasn't so much to trip my affective filter. I have reasonable confidence that 60 out of 80 questions, or more-or-less 80% of them, were answered correctly. I think I might have that ace there.

Let's see: if Linguistics 1 and Physical Science 1 turn out to be aces, I will have my third trip to the Dean's Reception and the President's Award. If not, I suppose it's no big deal.

I think I might look into joining the honors society Spring semester. They meet on Tuesdays and Tuesday will be my day off on my Spring schedule, so this will be the time to do it.

Anyway, on the agenda for the next two weeks is fixing broken computers and cleaning the house in anticipation of Oshogatsu. I've really gotten to liking that holiday...it's easily one of the most spiritual commemorations of the season, and it's also a time when Japanese Culture is on front-and-center display in Little Tokyo. I've taken to calling it Otakushogatsu because that's basically what it is for me...a time to satisfy the Japanese Culture geek in me.

It's interesting...the closest thing to Oshogatsu is Rosh Ha'Shana, Jewish New Year. Both the Japanese and the observant Jew look to the New Year as a time to reflect on what one has done the previous year and to look within oneself to assess one's faults and strengths and make amends for wrongs one has done. I think this year I've been pretty straight-up with people...nothing I'm really ashamed of, and a lot I'm proud of.

On a lighter note, here's a couple of those quiz thingies people keep pointing me to:





You Are Reverse Pocky





Your attitude: rebellious and clever
Non-conformist, but curiously a trendsetter
With you, up is down... and it's a wild ride!








Your Dominant Intelligence is Linguistic Intelligence



You are excellent with words and language. You explain yourself well.
An elegant speaker, you can converse well with anyone on the fly.
You are also good at remembering information and convicing someone of your point of view.
A master of creative phrasing and unique words, you enjoy expanding your vocabulary.

You would make a fantastic poet, journalist, writer, teacher, lawyer, politician, or translator.