MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Well, the hardware is all in and updated. The software, however, is not. Debian Linux is being bratty and despite Chad Page being an absolute Linux wizard, something isn't configuring right.

At least it looks like the whole hard drive is happy, though. And so is the DVD/CD-RW combo drive. I have yet to play a DVD on here, and sound is being obstinate. However, I do have an XV overlay now, so I can play VCDs under Linux. That is, once the sound gets cleared up. Oh yeah, and something is screwed up under power manglement, too.

Anyway, it is a start, at least. Tomorrow might see a fix. Or more tsouris. Who knows.