MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Saturday, October 02, 2004

It looks like it's time to finally reinstall on this Linux box. Things have gotten quite crufty here, the hard drive has been on the fritz for literally months, and I need to swap out the DVD-ROM for the lovely Pioneer DVD-/+RW that Tom Reed gave me months ago.

The last straw was when I inadvertently toasted Mozilla...actually ChatZilla, to be exact. I read something about there being an update for ChatZilla. I installed it in Mozilla, everything looked copacetic, then when I tried to open up ChatZilla it gave me an ugly message that looked like something only a code Jedi could understand. Bleah.

Now I've got Firefox, and my only wish is to somehow convince it to use KMail as my email helper app. Yeah, I know that it's optimized to use Thunderbird, but what if you don't want to change the email proggy that you have grown to like?

If anyone knows how to do this, please email me at msgeek703 at gmail dot com. There is a clicky link on the sidebar. I also would like a .WAV of George W. Bush saying "wrong war, wrong place, wrong time" from the first debate, if anyone's got it.

Oh yeah...no more Mandrake for me. Sorry, it's time for me to grow up. So what I'm going to do is do a HD-install of Knoppix, then apt-get update and apt-get dist-upgrade to canonical Debian Sid. People get all freaky about "unstable" but really Debian's idea of "unstable" is more like Linux-Mandrake and Fedora's idea of "ship it!" Au revoir, Mandrake, mon ami. Bon jour, Debian.

I kind of wish that I had gone up to Santa Barbara today, but now I can make sure that all my math homework is done by the end of the weekend. I also have some errands to run before the end of the weekend, too.