MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Thursday, May 20, 2004

I'm impressed by just how good the links can be from Plastic.Com. I read this Op/Ed piece, from an otherwise conservative commentator, and almost burst out crying here at the LA Valley College "Lair" computer lab.

Yes, I agree with this guy...this is the worst year to be an American that I can remember. I lived through the Reagan years and its "two-minutes-to-Midnight" nuclear/Commie paranoia. I was too young for the '60s. At least with Nixon he had the good sense to leave office when he screwed up once too many times and got caught. Ford and Carter got stuck with an economic mess from Nixon they didn't have the ability to fix. Clinton was slimy and couldn't keep his dick in his pants, but as the cliche goes, I had a job when he was President.

We talked about the Mayans in History 86 this morning. They believed the world would end on December 23rd, 2012. Well, Bush The Younger's actions, along with the evidence for "Peak Oil" and various other environmental Damoclean swords hanging over our heads, seem to all be conspiring to make the Mayan prophecy a self-fulfilling one. One good thing: if it all goes "boom" on 12/23/2012, I won't have to struggle with too many student loan payments.

(cue "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life" from Monty Python's Life of Brian...)