MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

And now, the blowback over the prison atrocities begins.

I find it interesting (and scary) that the guy's name was Berg. Being that my birth surname was Klein and both my parents and one side of my husband's family came from Jewish families, I got a chill up my spine when I first saw that. If you're Jewish, it seems like jobhunting in Iraq is especially hazardous.

And now for something completely different...

I think it's fairly clear that I have one ace coming this report card: I aced both essay tests given so far in Philosophy 20, which is Ethics. I sure do wish that Dr. Ravitch wasn't retiring after this semester...he's a really stellar teacher. I don't begrudge him wanting to retire...he's given most of his life to Academia and he has a right to get a little bit of it back. I mentioned the other easy ace last post...8 more workouts to an A in PE. However, my fate in Education 203 and History 86 is not as clear. Hopefully I will be able to get some decent grades off of them...a B, perhaps. But C is a definite possibility in Education 203...the bar is very high to getting a good grade there.

I've been wrong before. Check some old posts both here and in my old Slashdot blogs. I thought I was going to get a disappointing grade in Speech 101. That is, until the A came through. ;-)