MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Monday, February 09, 2004

OK, good news on several fronts. I had given my teacher a self-addressed, stamped envelope to send my grade back on the last day of Child Development 1. Very delighted to get an "A" back. So far, the scoreboard is: 4 "A"s, one Incomplete. Next, I got to sell one of my books from Fall and Winter today. I still have a few more to sell, but one down anyway. My first class went OK...it's a Phys Ed class. I was impressed by the fact that the LAVC Fitness Center is pretty well equipped. Since they haven't upped the per-credit fee from $18 to $24 yet, it's a bargain too. Try going to 24 hr Fitness and getting them to sell you a package where you pay only $18 for 3 months of workouts. Finally, my first day of my new work at LAVC was hectic, but I felt like I was respected. And the way my schedule works out, I'm out of there after a few hours so it's not like I have to do a whole 8 hours at a stretch.

All in all not a bad day.

Tomorrow I have to be there at 8am. At 9:40 I have a class, so I only work 1 1/2 hours, then I have classes. There's another class at 11:20. Unlike Fall Semester, I have a fair distance to walk between these two classes. Then I leave for a bit, and come back at 3 or so to see if I can sell another book. Then I have a 5pm call back at the office.

One fly in the ointment: I feel like I'm catching a head cold. Well, 'tis the season, right? I've already had a flu, but that doesn't protect you at all from this year's strain of Rhinovirus 39. w00t. Although...doesn't that little virus dude look so goddamn kawaii???

Lastly, speaking of Kawaii, Donald Burr has finally put up his pix of the Land of Kawaii and Sugoi, making the blog that he and Pam Gross made of their trip to Anime Expo Japan complete. I linked here once before but took the link down because the server crashed soon afterwards. Superstitious that perhaps maybe there had been a cause-and-effect relationship between the crash and my linking, I kept the link off my page until he gave me the high-sign to repost it.

Here's the link:
http://blogs.borg-cube.com/japan2004/

Hit it gently...it's only on a DSL line, ok?