MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Sunday, January 04, 2004

I hate my job. I hate my job. I really hate my dumb fsckn job. I suppose I should be grateful I have a job in this employment climate, and a job that will bend over backwards to accomodate my school schedule, no less.

However...being a data collector at an opinion research firm is like walking around with a "kick me" sign on your back. People associate you with telemarketing. They've seen Boiler Room and thousands of news reports about unscrupulous telemarketers being busted. Never mind that you're only out to get someone to answer a few questions that will never be personally identifiable. Never mind that you're not selling anything. You are *scum* to the average joe and they never let you forget it.

Hopefully my grades from Fall 2003 semester will mean I can get enough scholarships lined up to where I can bail on it, finally. Hell, I wouldn't mind a dumb work/study job where I'd work on the LAVC campus...I'd quit my survey job in a NY minute in favor of that. Picking up squirrel crap in the Quad is prolly better than some of the abuse I get doing this. :P