MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Friday, May 05, 2006

Update-o-rama from Miller Hall Computer Lab, beautiful downtown Woodbury.

1.) It looks like I'm *not* going to be able to graduate until the end of Fall 2007. After Spring 2006 and Fall 2006 are in the books, there will still be 21 credits to go. Which means I have to attend Spring 2007 and Fall 2007 semesters. The good thing is this: I can take a couple of classes that are "want to take" rather than "must take." Before I leave here I want to sit in on Charles Solomon's History of Animation course. True, I will probably be told lots of things I already know. But it would be an opportunity to hear it from one of the premier experts in animation history next to people like Jerry Beck and Steve Worth and Leonard Maltin.

2.) I definitely am getting an A in Self & Society. My report on the Fannish subculture got a 100/100. And that was a biggie. I also got a 20/20 on an extra credit project I didn't have to take. Add this to the A or A- I'm getting in Developmental Psych and the B I'm getting in Social Psych and I know 3 out of 5 of my grades for the semester. All this intel *before* I get my official report on IQWeb. Why do I care so goddamn much about my grades? Because I have to. I need to keep one eye on the requirements for matriculation to Cal State University, Northridge as I go. If I decide to go with the Masters in Social Work program there, I will be able to get in without taking the Graduate Record Exam if I have at least a 3.0 GPA. And the bigger the GPA the more impact I will have.

The program at CSUN seems to be brand spanking new, so right now they are pending accreditation. However, accreditation should happen after the first MSW class graduates in Spring 2007. I would have to start at CSUN in Fall 2008, unless I could somehow swing a situation where I am co-enrolled between Woodbury and CSUN.

As I have mentioned before, my applying at CSUN is contingent with the results of the 2006 elections. If everything goes in a "reality based direction" then I'll be going there. If the Rethugs retain control of Congress, I will be looking in the direction of foreign study after I finish things off here at Woodbury.