MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Ms. Geek held hostage by the heatwave, day 2.

108 degrees today at The Hellmouth, otherwise known as Woodland Hills.
108 degrees today in the pr0n production capital of the US, Chatsworth. Now you know why people like to get naked there.
101 degrees at Van Nuys Airport.

It's still 94 degrees right now. They say it will drop to 69 degrees overnight, but I don't believe them. I don't think it will get out of the 70s.

Tomorrow, more of the same.

I don't have the luxury of hunkering down with the air conditioning on come Monday, because it's my first day of school at Woodbury U. Yes, it's on. Hopefully I'll make it out of there in 2 years, because even though I can't afford it now and I'm going to be bent over for tons of student loan debt, I can't afford more of it. That's why I'm taking 15 units this semester, then 15 next semester, then 15 next semester, then 15 next semester. I was able to bring 64 units in from LA Valley College.

Monday night is SFVLUG meeting. Kewl. I think I'll bring my new lappie friend and try some wireless cards out. Yes, I do have multiple wifi cards now. I know the Orinoco works, or at least it works under kernel 2.6. I have a 2.4.x kernel now on BlueTank, so hopefully that won't be a problem. I also have a Linksys Prism2 based card, and a Netgear 802.11b/g that supposedly has a Prism54 chipset, which is supposedly Linux friendly.

I am not very eloquent today. The brief exposure to the heat from walking to Rincon Taurino and back cooked my brain. Better luck tomorrow, I hope.