MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Thursday, February 10, 2005

A few thoughts about "Daria."

As you might know, I'm part of the "Daria" fandom, and have been since the show started its run on MTV in the mid-'90s. I've written a few fanfics, some not bad, and some which I have taken off the Internet for good because I cannot support what they represent anymore.

Right now, "Daria" is airing on Noggin's "The N" night "tween" programming bloc. It's been on there for actually a couple of years now. However, they have hopelessly bowdlerized some episodes and won't show others because they think they are "inappropriate" for their demographic.

Rumors have been flying that the days of "Daria" on The N are over. I have not been able to confirm this even with the people I know who might know "official" things about it. So yeah, for the foreseeable future the bowdlerized episodes will still air there as far as my sources say. So chill, folks. As far as can be determined the status quo remains.