MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Buttercup is 100% up and running, and all the data has been restored. This is easily the least eventful upgrade I have ever done on a computer.

I can't say enough good things about Debian. Really, if you have been scared away from it in the past, you should check it out now. It rocks.

Tonight is the first meeting of my class for Winter Intersession: Psych 1. I wanted to accomplish more things in the two weeks between the end of Fall Semester and the beginning of Winter Intersession, but it's ok, I needed the downtime more than anything else. And by downtime I really mean downtime...not working downtime or puttering around the house downtime but real downtime. Time to just screw off and be unproductive.

This shouldn't be a hard course. Gotta remember to get back into the math this month...get my mental muscles pumped for the next math course, Math 114. Richie seems to think that I could have done better than a C in Math 113. I don't know about that, but I have made a lot of strides with math in the last few months.

With Buttercup back up and running, I can blow away the install on BlueTomato if necessary. And since I now have a DVD-/+RW in this machine I can do a full backup onto a DVD of all my stuff. Cool.