MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Friday, May 26, 2006

There is a reason why I went to Universal Studios Hollywood today. There is also a reason why I left at the time I did. And that reason only became apparent on the trip back.

I met up with a childhood friend whom I hadn't seen since the mid-'70s. Well, maybe friend is an awkward turn of phrase to use, because he didn't treat me like a friend should back in the day. However, he actually broached the subject of having bullied me in the past, and apologized.

This is huge. It took all the control I had not to break down in tears.

If you have been bullied, there is a part of you that never grows up. There are wounds that never heal, there are scars that are always with you. I have been given a gift today. I feel some of those wounds are beginning to heal because of this meeting this afternoon.

This is going to take a while to digest. But it's undeniably a good thing.