MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Danke schoen, T-Mobile...

While my landline company (Verizon) gleefully sold me out to the NSA, it looks like my mobile phone company is hanging tough and telling Uncle Sam NEIN! T-Mobile is my cell phone company, and is owned and operated by Deutsche Telekom AG. It's ironic that a German company is more vigilant about protecting my rights than an American company, but good on them nonetheless. 'Tis a pity that if I changed my landline company I'd lose my DSL, so I'm kind of stuck with the traitorous Verizon.

The only landline company that seems to be taking a similar tough stance is Qwest. Oddly, Verizon Wireless says that they aren't giving up documents to Pig Brother either. Cingular and Sprint/Nextel are remaining mum on what they are doing.