MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Thursday, March 03, 2005

They can take my blog when they pry it from my cold, dead hands. Seriously.

According to C|Net news, the Federal Election Commission is looking at regulating blogs. This is 100%, unmitigated, total freakin' bull. WTF is next...regulating bumperstickers? T-Shirts?

BTW, the judge who says we might have to regulate blogs is the same one, Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly, who sent Bill Gates off with a rap on the knuckles and a wink after another judge said that Microsoft deserves to be broken up for its misdeeds.

This is MY SOAPBOX. My own private speaker's corner. Yeah, I write about political issues...it's my prerogative to do so, according to the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States. I also write about a lot of other things...my school career, my hobbies, geeky stuff. This is not primarily a political blog. Politics is only part of it.

Regardless, I think that the government should keep their grubbies off of political blogs, be they DailyKOS, Little Green Footballs, or Capitol Hill Blue. (To give but three examples from different portions of the political spectrum.) Even in the case of Talon News, which seems to have been a shill for the GOP, one must give the benefit of the doubt. That's one of the things we have to put up with under the First Amendment.

From my cold, dead hands, baby. Bring it on.