MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Friday, August 20, 2004

I'm glad I'm with T-Mobile for my wireless service.

From the SOCALWUG list:


T-Mobile USA Inc. in Bellevue, Wash., which provides paid Wi-Fi hot spot service with several large national chains, offered free service in Florida through Monday. Its chain partners include bookstores operated by Borders Groups Inc., coffee shops run by Starbucks Corp., and copy centers run by FedEx Corp.'s Kinko's Office and Print Services Inc.


That is mighty decent of them. I'm sure a lot of people wanted to communicate with the outside world and T-Mobile helped. Granted, they weren't the only people rising to the occasion for the people who were affected by Hurricane Charley, (thumbs up also to Panera Bread and Cingular Wireless for providing more wireless bandwidth and/or the ability to make emergency voice calls!) but they are worthy of applause nonetheless. Especially considering that other people were taking advantage of the emergency situation...:P