MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Monday, March 28, 2005

Why is it that most quizzes only work on Live Journal and not here? I got a really cool one just now and I can't share it with y'all because Blogger code choked on it.

Anyway, my paper, "None Dare Call It Fascism: The George W. Bush Administration, 2001-present" got a 20 out of a possible 20 points. As strong of an "A" as you can get. I'm stoked.

Here's what I'm going to do with it. I am going to redo the formatting and then do a bit more of the fleshing-out I wanted to do had I not been under a page limit. No, I'm not doing this so people can plagiarize my paper...it won't be in MLA format by the time I'm done with it anyway. I am doing this because I want to provide people with a point-by-point breakdown of why it is no exaggeration that George W. Bush's regime is true fascism, the "Friendly Fascism" predicted by Dr. Bertram Gross back in 2000. I want to put the Bush regime in context with the proto-Fascist Ronald Reagan administration. I want to take the 14 points of Umberto Eco's essay Ur-Fascism and the 14 points of Lawrence Britt's Fascism Anyone? essay, cataloguing where each point was or is in the process of being fulfilled by the current Bush administration. I want to bring together a lot of the information that's scattered in various cogent articles and online books in one document.

Yeah, I'm sticking my neck out by doing this. I am liable to piss off a lot of Bush supporters. I'm liable to piss off a lot of people who say they are old-school Conservatives who don't support Bush anymore but thought Reagan was the bee's knees. I'm liable to piss even a few liberals off. But this is something I have to do.

Watch this space, and also my DailyKOS diary, for a link to the PDF when I'm done.

Oh yeah...my Math 114 teacher called in sick again today. Can't say I'm too upset about that...~_^