MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Monday, August 02, 2004

I had a math test today...one of the tests I need to make up for Math 112, the course I got an Incomplete on. I don't feel very confident of the results. I didn't get time to finish two of the questions and the anxiety was just through the roof. I have to learn this stuff...I'm going to be a freakin' teacher, I should be able to handle this. They are giving algebraic stuff to kids earlier and earlier...I suppose that's a good thing but it still doesn't feel comfortable for me. I did some really intensive work with tutors to prepare for this...you have already heard of my "math army" and I intend to keep on working with them until I'm done making up stuff for this class and passed Math 113 and Math 114. It looks like the rest of my math stuff will have to be done at Woodbury, thank you very much LAVC Financial Aid.

If I flunk this go I get one more chance. If I flunk that third chance I just move on and hope the rest of my test grades carry me through. If it's any consolation, Professor Castillo told me "fractions gives most of my students headaches, it's not just you."

I'm just going to take it as easy as I can tomorrow. Then Wednesday I get back into the groove. I think what I want to do is maybe do half review on fractions and half get into new material. I told Prof. Castillo to email me when he grades me. I don't know if I'm going to like what I get in the email from him.