MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Two more grades have come in...both aces. So here's the score right now as it stands:

PE 630 1 unit A
Philosophy 20 3 units A
History 86 3 units A
Learning Skills 40 1 unit CR
Education 203 3 units (Likely A or B)


This means that I'm officially on the Dean's List again. One more semester and I'm on the President's List and get a spiffy little lapel pin.

Also, I am pretty sure that I'm going to Woodbury University when I transfer. LA Valley College and Woodbury have a special relationship, and it seems like they are willing to do some "above and beyond the call of duty" things to help me get ready for my University transfer. I just put my application in today and already Frank Gonzales, the guy who's the "Woodbury Connections" coordinator, is going to go find a Woodbury student to tutor me in math. I asked him if this help was contingent on my application being accepted, and he said "nope, wherever you go I want you to succeed." He seems to think that my transcripts will be enough to get me in, particularly when my most recent two semesters are taken into consideration.

The one twist which might bust the deal: I have mentioned this before but I will mention it again...Woodbury has no program for future teachers. I would have to be an Interdisciplinary Studies major, and would have to go through a more lengthy post-Grad credentialling program after I receive my BA. It would be nice to do all this through CSUN, but the math issue is a real deal-breaker. CSUN will not take me into their College of Education until I finish every single unit of Lower Division work, and that includes all the math. They have to be picky...Herr Regler von Kalifornien Schwarzenegger is breathing down their necks. Woodbury is bending over backwards for me, or at least Frank is. And that's refreshing.