MsGeek.Org v2.0

The ongoing saga of a woman in the process of reinvention.
Visit me at my new blog, MsGeek.Org v3.0
http://msgeekdotorg.blogspot.com/



Heard the Word of Blog?

Saturday, January 17, 2004

Call this Palm Saturday.

I went to the Dr. this morning for a routine checkup. Jorge, my Dr.'s Physician Assistant, told me "I have something I think is yours." He goes rooting around in one of the cabinets and comes back with a familiar little black zipper case. "This yours?" It was Ume-chan, the Palm m125 I was cursing the world about around Xmas time.

Apparently he saw that I had left it in the examination room last time. He decided that instead of just putting it in the Lost and Found box, where it might have disappeared and been someone's Christmas present for real, he would hide it someplace safe and give it to me personally next time he saw me.

Jorge's getting the m125 I bought off eBay. I put the message "Reward for safe return, no questions asked" in the Owner information box of my Palm, and I have to honor what I said. In this case, the fitting reward was the other m125. I'm going to burn him a CD with Palm goodies on it too. If he needs a Mac CD he can get with me but I'm guessing he's running on Windows like most non-geeks do.

I'm also giving him a Palm case I got from the 99 Cents Only Store (the place rocks, it should be on your list of things to visit when visiting Los Angeles) and a Belkin lighted stylus. He'll have to get himself a sync cable and an SD or MMC memory card, but that's not a hard thing to do. The Palm I got from eBay doesn't have a dummy card (dummy plug? ^_^) to protect the memory card slot, so I think for the safety of the thing he should get one soonest.

A Palm is a good thing for anyone in the medical field to have. There's tons of handy medical programs for Palm, including a Palm edition of the Physician's Desk Reference.

Gotta love it. It's a fundamental law of the Universe that when you replace something you misplace, you find the old one almost immediately thereafter. Welcome home, Ume-chan.